Memorial pioneers Turkish Healthcare Sector with its many first practices. We strive to improve and evolve our products and services everyday with a keen focus on quality. So far, Memorial has become the first in many fields, below are few examples of our Awards, Certifications and First Practices
- Memorial Şişli Hospital is the first Turkish hospital that has received the international JCI accreditation certificate.
- Our Şişli Hospital was also the first private hospital in Turkey licensed by the Ministry of Health for transplantation (of liver and kidney) and the relevant laboratory services in March 2004.
- The first children's non-haemocompatible liver transplantation in Turkey was performed in Memorial.
- Prof. Dr. Semra Kahraman, Head of Memorial In Vitro Fertilization Center, had made to the history of Turkish medicine by providing pregnancy by micro-injection method for the first time in Turkey.
- Heart muscle cell generation from the embryonic stem cells was performed for the first time in 2004 in Memorial Hospital.
- Memorial was the first hospital in Turkey to apply methods that require advanced technology and knowledge base such as capsule endoscopy and endostent.
- Memorial Antalya Hospital is the one and only In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Center in Turkey accredited by the American Association of Embryology.
- Memorial Şişli Hospital's Tissue Typing and Immunology Laboratory is the first private laboratory accredited in Turkey by the ‘European Federation For Immunogenetics (EFI)’.
- Memorial Şişli Hospital's In Vitro Fertilization Laboratory is the one and only IVF laboratory in Turkey accredited by the TÜRKAK Accreditation Institute as per the ISO 15189 standards.