About the Department
The principle of “target irradiation” is being used for the treatment of cancer via radiotherapy. By focusing on cancer cells in beam treatment technologies, a better treatment success is achieved with minimal damage to healthy cells.
WHAT IS TRUEBEAM STx?
The TrueBeam STx system is the newest generation of radiation therapy technology for the treatment of cancer. Truebeam STx, the latest generation radiation treatment technology that is revolutionary in the treatment of cancer, is used in irradiation of the tumor in every point of the body in Radiation Oncology. System; It uses many technical innovations with completely restructured control features to dynamically synchronize robotic imaging, automatic patient positioning, motion management and therapy. It is generally used successfully in the treatment of tumors in hard-to-reach areas. What makes TrueBeam STx different from similar technologies is that it provides higher performance in a shorter time thanks to its high dose rate capability, and thus provides high-performance treatment processes that significantly reduce the number of sessions, duration and number.
FOR WHICH TYPES OF CANCER IS TRUEBEAM USED FOR THE TREATMENT OF THE CANCER?
Truebeam STx, the latest generation radiation treatment technology that is revolutionary in the treatment of cancer, is used in irradiation of the tumor in every point of the body in Radiation Oncology. Compared to Gamma Knife and Cyber Knife systems in the past, Truebeam STx can offer very important privileges. While Gamma Knife can only irradiate intracranial tumors, Truebeam STx is used for all tumors in the body along with the intracranial areas. Cyber Knife can be applied to all parts of the body, but it does not provide an effective irradiation in large tumors. Truebeam STx technology has an effective irradiation feature in large tumors that can be observed in all parts of the body.
The Memorial Şişli Hospital, Memorial Ankara Hospital and Memorial Health Group Antalya Oncology Center Radiation Oncology departments provide service with Truebeam STx technology.
TUMOR DETECTION AND IRRADIATION
TrueBeam is used for the treatment of all types of cancer that require radiotherapy with a system that can perform millimeter irradiation thanks to its ability to aim at the tumor, accurately shoot at it and following it. The most important feature of the treatment device is to determine the location of the tumor with the 3-D images obtained before and during the treatment and to allow the rays to target the continuous tumor. Tumors are generally not regularly shaped. TrueBeam STx shapes the rays to match the shape of the tumor, allowing a lesser dose radiation to healthy tissue around the tumor.
SIMPLE TIMING IMAGING SYSTEM WITH TREATMENT
TrueBeam STx has many technical innovations with a completely reconfigured control system to dynamically synchronize the treatment, robotic imaging, automatic patient positioning, motion management and therapy. TrueBeam STx provides a big difference in the treatment of lung, breast, prostate and spinal region cancers with the help of respiratory monitoring system. The ''Gated'' RapidArc technology also makes it possible to synchronize the imaging with the patient by constantly turning around and compensating for the tumor movement. One feature of the system is that, thanks to simultaneous imaging with therapy, the beam can control whether the tumor is fully targeted. In patients with benign and malignant brain tumors, Acoustic Neurinoma, Cavernoma, Hypose Adenomas, Meningioma, Liver Tumors / Metastases, Lung Tumors / Metastases, Craniopharyngioma, Pediatric Brain Tumors, Gliomas, Prostate Cancer, Spinal Tumors / Metastases Trigeminal Neuralgia, Adrenal Metastases, Pancreatic Tumors, this system is used in the treatment of head and neck cancers and oligometastases.
What Types of Therapy Are Used in Trubeam Technology?
TrueBeam STx device, radiotherapy and radiosurgery on the same platform with other radiotherapy devices provide superiority. TrueBeam, with its radiosurgery feature called focal radiotherapy, treatment is performed in order to eliminate tumors smaller than 3 cm. Radiosurgery is an alternative to surgery in some tumors.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF TRUEBEAM TECHNOLOGY?
Short treatment time
TrueBeam STx technology shortens the duration of treatment, offers more comfort to the patient and provides less time for tumor movements during the delivery of the dose in a short time and provides more accurate irradiation. Density regulated radiotherapy treatment, which normally lasts 10-15 minutes, can be performed in less than 5 minutes. A complex radiosurgical application lasting from 40 minutes to 2 hours can be completed in 5 to 20 minutes.
- “Intelligent” automation accelerates treatment processes with a reduction in the number of steps required to treat, monitor, and treat patients.
- With FFF (Flattening Filter Free-Non Filtered Beam) mode, with a rate of up to 2400 MU/min, it shortens the duration of treatment and offers more comfort to the patient. A standard IMRT treatment that normally lasts 10-15 minutes can be completed in less than two minutes.
- A complex radiosurgical application lasting from 40 minutes to two hours can be completed between 5 and 20 minutes.
- In a very short period of time, the patient can perform more accurate irradiation by giving less time to tumor movement during dose delivery. The accuracy of the TrueBeam system is smaller than one millimeter. This sharp and precise imaging has been achieved by the modern architecture of the system, which performs a accuracy check every ten milliseconds throughout the treatment, creating a new level of synchronization between patient positioning, motion management, beam shaping and dose delivery technologies. As the treatment continues, more than 100,000 data points are constantly monitored, ensuring that the system maintains a 'correct isocenter' or focal point for treatment. This increased sensitivity level allows doctors to treat the tumor in a moving organ with high accuracy.
- More accurate (or Correct Target Superiority): Provides the irradiation that hits the treatment focus better.
- Faster (or Time Advantage): Shortens the treatment time.
- Provides a higher performance treatment process (or High Performance)
- This is a technology that can offer Radiotherapy and Radiosurgery options for the patient can be comfortably integrated on the same platform.
SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGICAL PROPERTIES
- It provides treatment in a very short time with the highest dose rate feature.
- Thanks to its advanced robotic imaging feature, the patient can also perform a 3-dimensional imaging of the treatment position and quickly and precisely position the treatment without any external intervention. With its breath-controlled volumetric treatment feature, it can follow the most sensitive tumors via breath control.
- The system provides precise tumor shaping with the finest mlc fiber thickness (3mm) in the industry
- Specially developed developer mode for R & D activities enables non-clinical scientific studies.
- It has the widest and most diverse energy range in the industry.
- Real-time image processing technology provides maximum security against bumps and jams.
- Thanks to its advanced special automation system, it carries out checks every 10 milliseconds on 100.000 on the system and provides the most accurate treatment.
- Treatment sensitivity is below 0.5 mm.
FREQUENTLY ASKES QUESTIONS REGARDING TRUEBEAM STx
What kind of technology is Truebeam?
Truebeam is the ”target-oriented irradiation“ technology. By focusing on the cancerous cell, it performs the irradiation with millimetric sensitivity only on this region. In this way, as in radiotherapy technologies of the past, the detrimental effects on healthy cells by rays is eliminated which eliminates the risk of side effects such as skin burns.
What is the difference between Gama Knife and Cyber Knife technologies used in radiotherapy?
Truebeam STx consists of the latest generation beam treatment technology. This system provides irradiation of the tumors that occur in every region of the body. In radiotherapy treatments, Gamma Knife and Cyber Knife technologies which have a very important place in the past have superior features. Unlike Gamma Knife, which can only be used in intracranial tumors, each point in the body can be irradiated with Truebeam STx. Truebeam STx, which also has the features of Cyber Knife technology which can be used for whole body but is not sufficient for large sized tumors, can provide effective irradiation to large tumors as well.
How will I feel during treatment?
Nothing is felt during TrueBeam applications as it is the case in x-ray imaging.
Will I be awake during treatment?
Yes you will be awake. There is no need for anesthesia or sedatives because TrueBeam causes no sensations during the application.
Is the treatment safe?
Yes, it is completely safe. Since there is no invasive treatment, you are protected from any complications that may occur in open surgery.
How is the treatment applied?
The standard radiotherapy processes are valid, with the advantage of shortening the duration of treatment up to five times, thanks to this the patient's compliance with the treatment increases. Thanks to the coordination and speed of imaging methods during the treatment process, side effects are reduced by increasing the rate of normal tissue preservation and the treatment efficiency on the tumor is increased by adjusting the intensity.
Does the treatment affect my daily life?
You can continue your daily life during the treatment with TrueBeam.
Can the treatment be applied to patients of all ages?
It can be applied to patients of all ages. It provides a significant advantage, especially in patients with advanced age, who are not comfortable with taking anesthesia.
What are the side effects?
As it affects only the area it is performed on, it does not cause any side effects in the body and different side effects may occur depending on the region. Since each patient's response to the treatment process will vary, we recommend that you consult your physician.
Do burns occur on my body?
Due to the characteristic of the dose given with the Truebeam device, skin burns are minimized.
Do I have to shave my hair?
No hair shaving is not required.
Doctors of Department
- Acupuncture Center
- Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Allergic Diseases
- Anesthesiology and Reanimation
- Aviation Medicine
- Bacteriology and Microbiology
- Biochemistry Laboratory
- Bone Marrow Transplantation Center
- Brain Health Protection Program
- Breast Health Center
- Cancer Genetics Clinic
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery Intensive Care Unit
- Check Up Center
- Chemotherapy Center
- Chest Diseases / Thoracic Surgery
- Child and Young Sports Health Center
- Children Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit
- Coronary Intensive Care Unit
- Cosmetic Medicine
- Dermatology (Skin and Venereal Diseases)
- Diet and Nutrition
- Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders
- Elekta Versa HD SIGNATURE
- Emergency Service
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases
- Eye Center
- Foot Health Center
- Gastroenterology / Hepatology
- General Surgery
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Gynecology / Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hair Transplantation
- Headache Center
- Hematology / Blood Diseases
- Hemorrhoid and Anorectal Diseases Unit
- Home Care Services
- Infections Diseases
- Intensive Care
- Internal Medicine
- Interventional Neuroradiology
- Interventional Radiology
- IVF Andrologia and Genetics Center
- Kidney Transplantation Center
- Laboratory of Genetics
- Liaison Psychiatry
- Liver Transplantation Center
- Low Appetite Child Policlinic
- Medical Management
- Medical Oncology
- Microbiology Laboratory
- Muscle Disorders
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obesity Surgery Center
- Oncology Center
- Onkolojik Cerrahi Merkezi
- Oral and Dental Diseases
- Organ Transplantation
- Orthopedics and Traumatology
- Pain Polyclinic / Pain Clinic
- Pedagogy (Child and Adolescent Psychology)
- Pediatric Allergic Rhinitis
- Pediatric Cancer Center
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Pediatric Hematology
- Pediatric Infection Diseases
- Pediatric Nephrology
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Psychology
- Pediatric Pulmonology
- Pediatric Surgery
- Pediatric Urology
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Diseases
- Radiation Oncology
- Radionuclide Therapy Unit
- Respiratory Therapy Center
- Robotic Surgery Center
- Robotics Rehabilitation Center
- Robotik Böbrek Nakli Merkezi
- Sleep Disorder Center
- Spinal Health Center
- Stroke Rehabilitation and Research Unit
- Tissue Typing and Immunology Laboratory
- Transfusion Center
- Triage floor and Medicine
- Wound Analysis and Treatment Center
- Memorial Sisli Hospital
- Memorial Atasehir Hospital
- Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital
- Memorial Ankara Hospital
- Memorial Antalya Hospital
- Memorial Kayseri Hospital
- Memorial Diyarbakır Hospital
- Memorial Dicle Hospital
- Hizmet Hospital
- Medstar Antalya Hospital
- Medstar Topcular Hospital
- Memorial Wellness
- Memorial Etiler Medical Center
- Memorial Lara Medical Center